Thursday, August 12, 2010

Read before you send

I have heard some saying “think before you speak”, but today I learnt –
1. Read before you send…
2. Carefully use “Reply to all” button in mail…
3. What does exact meaning of word “Blunder”…
Lot of learning by a single incident happened today with me in office,
In my team a outing is going to happen, for which there are many game, fun events & quizzes are planned. Out of those 1 is movie quiz.
But to choose participating teams for it, they were about to send email for prelim quiz, whoever solve first & more number of correct answers will be moved to 2nd round…
I just returned from lunch, saw my Inbox & found prelim quiz. I said – “Oh great, lets solve it”
As in Engineering & IT industry taught us “it is always team effort which leads to success”, I take help of my friend (sit beside me) & we were able to solve all questions (thanks to Google) in say 15-20 min of time.
Oh Wow, we are going for final, by saying this I clicked on “Send” button…………
Suddenly I saw one pop-up @ right corner of my laptop window, hey what is this………
How come I got mail I send just now??????
First I thought that quiz master replied me, ok, I opened that mail……..
& when I noticed the list of “To” & “CC”, I fainted……
Only words came out of my mouth ….. OH SHITTTTTTTTTTTTT
What I did there…. “I clicked Reply to All”
Quiz master came to my desk to congratulate me for all my right answers & scolding me to screw his quiz.
After that I am received around 30 mails from other on same topic & for BLUNDER which I committed today.
I just ask 1 thing – Why Reply & Reply to All buttons always kept near to each other, why they are not at two corners of mail-window??????

1 comment:

iwin watodo said...

next time .. try to get urself fired ;) .. or arrested, even better ... haha - chandan