Sunday, May 18, 2008

Journey of Salmon Fishes.................

Very few of us know about the life cycle of Salmon fish. When I was going through an article then I got to know that Salmon fish ends their life at same place where they born. After a long of difficulties they travel and come back to their birth place to die. How it happens it is a mystic question for everyone, but it is really good or amazing I can say.
Salmon Fish……. Salmon Fish……. Salmon Fish……. Salmon Fish, is it SELFISH?
No, selfish is altogether a different word this I can say. But what is its meaning? When I tried to explore then as usual the first POC (Point Of Contact- I am a poor S/W guy) was Google for me. So I typed “Google” in IE (Internet Explorer Browser) & pressed Cntl+Enter and soon I welcomed by my favorite Google homepage. Then I typed word “selfish” to search & it gives definition of word as “The one who think about SELF”. This was very simple & easy answer for anyone but when I tried to understand then I came across a new word SELF. But now I was afraid to check meaning for this word again in to Goolge, otherwise it will throw a another word to me & send me in an infinite loop (really I am poor S/W guy na?), so finally I decided to understand meaning of this word by own & by some R&D (Research & Development- I say everyone that I want to do this). Then I started to find answer of my question & I came across some related word to this, like – myself, our self, your self etc. Then slowly meaning of word “self” was started coming in to my mind. So I felt self means “Me” or “I”. But I was not satisfied again by this meaning also. It means some more thinking and specially time required for getting me answer but I was sure about 1 thing that this is better than Google’s never ending infinite loop. Also I thought sometimes thinking gives exercise to mind, so in all it was good for me. Soon I realized that meaning of word self is different for different persons & its meaning is surely not only “Me” or “I”. Its meaning changes upon individual to individual what he/she wants to contain in word SELF. Now I know everybody needs evidences or examples for this. Let’s see some of the examples below what people include in word self apart form “ME” or “I”:

For a mother (why always mother comes to my mind first that I still don’t know) self contain her children (whatever in number), so for a mother number of persons in self can be varied.
For any child (below 6 years) self contains only His/Her mother.
For any child (between 6-15 years- please don’t ask me about this exact number) self contains His/Her parents & some very close friends and some relatives who care for them.
For a person (between 16-25 years) self contains His/Her all friends and parents.
For a person (above 25 years – assuming he/she becomes married in this age only) self contains His/Her family (especially spouse & children and sometimes parents too if they are lucky).

But this can seems to be only a general trend with lot of exceptions, some of which are as below:

In very recent time I have seen people include only local people or particular community in self (which we better known by name of regionalism or casteism)
For some great people like “Buddha” scope of self is really too vast because they include everything in world.

Now without making this Blog lengthy and boring for you I feel I should give my definition for word SLEF & which surely I have now with me.
In my words – “SELF – Whatever for which you cares.”
Now let’s see if my own definition fits even for all of examples given by me above. Oh Good, it is valid for at least all examples above.
Then the meaning of word SELFISH was clear for me when I putted the definition of word SELF in the definition of word SELFISH(& of course it was not Salmon Fish) which is “The one who thinks about SELF” which reframed as “The one who thinks about whatever for which he/she cares”.
Hey but what is this I started this Blog for Salmon Fish Na? Oh ho again I distracted from topic & again I have to complete that in my next Blog because as being a selfish guy now I am feeling hungry & now I have to go for something to eat, so please wait till my next Blog if you are really interested in knowing more about Salmon Fishes too………

1 comment:

iwin watodo said...

buddha ka maine bhi padha tha....
"if happiness is the result of one contented soul, imagine the result of contented combined souls" .....i am sure, maine thik se quota nahi kiya.. [:P], waiting to read the concluding section.